Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lynndie England: "It was the Media's Fault"



Is there ANYBODY in America willing to take responsibility for their own actions anymore? I was as sympathetic as anyone to the notion that the soldiers caught up in the Abu Ghraib scandal were not nearly as culpable for their actions as the brass who put them there and got off scott free.

Then I see this, and I just shake my head. Here is a direct quote from England:

"I felt pissed off. If the media hadn't exposed the pictures to that extent, then thousands of lives would have been saved."

Also note that this story was published in a German news magazine. I guess if you're a young American woman, our corproate media doesn't care what you have to say unless your name is Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan

No comments: